Flying for Fun: An Affair With an Aeroplane

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

AlistairL

Came across this little UK program on YouTube.It is a story about a British Army officer's infatuation about an Aeronca C-3, which he quickly owns.Its a simple pre-war aviation story with wonderful flight footage of the Aeronca itself.Its in several parts so I'll upload them all here.Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

pictsidhe

The downs are my favourite area of England. Gentle countryside. The last episode has a rare landrover 101.

Reactions: BJC

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel
The white horse on the hill side was, I think, at Cherrill, near Calne, Whiltshire. It overlooked RAF Yatesbury, a bomber station during WW2 and later became a radio/radar school. I was posted there several times for my air-radar training. The camp has now gone as evident in the film but some parts of the original bomber station remain.

EzyBuildWing

Maximum Fun Flying.....watch this Movie Classic with Bette Davis.....It's my favourite Flying Movie.
It has great psychology that can be easily used to inspire young people to fly!
Post links to your favourite vid, favourite story, favourite article, favourite anything to do with flying etc etc here....absolutely anything!
What was your most favourite, awesomest, moment flying???
Was it flying a heli, or a gyro, or a fixed-wing, or a paramotor, or a hang glider, or a balloon, or a simulator etc? Share it here! Please share it !!!
Enjoy the Movie

Turd Ferguson

HBA Supporter
Maximum Fun Flying.....watch this Movie Classic with Bette Davis.....
I remember that movie. It had some good footage of N2FC, Frank Christensen in his original Eagle II.

Also, not sure how many know this but Ron Howard's real life father-in-law, Chuck Alley was a long time aviator and staunch aerobatic competitor (Pitts S2-E) up until his 80's. He passed away in 2002. His daughter Cheryl is married to Ron Howard.

EzyBuildWing

Most fun flying-machine ever....home-built electric helicopter....silent and vibration-free.
Take a look:
( then add a link to a vid or story of your own)

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Watched Skyward just now for the first time and I must say it was beyond GREAT movie.

EzyBuildWing

Most fun flying.....Maxi-fun Mosquito Ultralight Heli has lots of light-weight composite components and can easily be converted to full-electric when new-gen batteries arrive.
See great Mosquito walk-around here:

Doran Jaffas

Really looking forward to reading more stories in this thread. There's an aviator of over 35 plus years there are so many memories that is hard to put one of them as a favorite but I will try to list a few of them economically here in the near future.

Very glad to see this thread started. I'm thinking I will start one on the Tailwind forum along these lines. If you don't mind me plagiarizing.

EzyBuildWing

Most Fun Flying...... check out this awesomest mostest-fun heli flight vid ever: R-66 cruising Iceland-to-Scotland right down on the deck......
( I never tire of re-watching the "Skyward Movie" ....see new stuff every time I re-watch....Ken Howard was a genius).