• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying Flea layout, but not free-wing....shower thoughts..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyvray

So, I printed out the HM293 single page plan. While on a conference call I cut out a simple foam board chuck glider. During the trimming/balancing phase, I had to decrease the rear wing incidence to be basically flat to get it to fly. I did NOT make the the front wing a free-wing. It flies pretty well.
My shower thought is this:
How would a small aircraft like this work out with a fixed front wing, and typicall controls on the rear wing? I'm aware Mauboussin did it on the MB40 but the layout is much different. I'm considering scaling up to a larger size model (3-4 span) and seeing how it works out. In particular I'm curious how the stall behavior might work out. I guess if you get the incidences right, it should be fine, otherwise, crunch. If correct, it might be a neat little compact airplane.

notflea.jpg

Back