• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flying Dutchman - a great read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Othman

Hello everyone,

I picked up a copy of Anthony Fokker’s autobiography (designer of the famous German WWI aircraft) from the library at work, and after reading the first couple pages I couldn’t put it down (I’m not know to read books for entertainment).

In his book, Mr. Fokker describes, with great detail, what it was like in the early days of aviation (being a contemporary with the Wright brothers and other famous pioneers). It’s especially exciting because he describes how he build his first aircraft, and how he taught himself to fly (I found that part very, very exciting), and all of the struggles he went through before he became famous during the war. Even when he was successful he still had to struggle due to political influences…

Anyway, the book is called “Flying Dutchman, the life of Anthony Fokker”, written by Anthony Herman Gerald Fokker.

I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in aviation history, and the history of aircraft design.

Back