FlyCorvair.com Conversion Manual

Discussion in 'Corvair' started by maitlandtron, Jun 15, 2016.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 15, 2016 #1

maitlandtron

maitlandtron

maitlandtron

Does anyone know if the manual includes any drawings for specialty parts? For example the prop hub? I've sent an email to them asking about the Zenith Installation manual asking if dimension for the 601 motor mount is included but I didn't get a response.

2. Jun 15, 2016 #2

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

Armchair Mafia Conspirator HBA Supporter

The 2014 conversion manual does not include prop hub drawings; the Pietenpol Air Camper Supplemental Plans do, though (item #2 on the linked page).

Neither the 2014 conversion manual nor the Zenith Installation Manual contains plans for a 601 engine mount, but the 2006 conversion manual does include dimensioned drawings of the tray and spools that form the basis of a bed-style mount along with about a dozen pages of commentary on engine mount design.

You might get a better response by phone than email; better yet, if you are at OSH this summer, I'm sure he would be happy to talk with you about it.

3. Jun 15, 2016 #3

Vision_2012

Vision_2012

Vision_2012

The new Corvair Conversion Manual does not dimension any conversion parts. The next older one does dimension some conversion parts but not the motor mounts. A few parts like the starter brackets are now new and improved, i.e. different.

The Zenith Installation Manual is not part of the CCM, so I would not know what's in that.

4. Jun 15, 2016 #4

Bill Clapp

Bill Clapp

Bill Clapp

I may have some drawings or older style parts if you are interested.

5. Jun 15, 2016 #5

don january

don january

don january

When I bought my manual back in 09 W Wynne was supporting the kr family but every year he change's. Your lucky to get the tray size. Go with B clapp he atleast will take the time..

6. Jun 21, 2016 #6

don january

don january

don january

Was just wondering how low has the buildable Corvair core's have dropped to? Has many guy's started to take the 145 ci and start churrning them out for aircraft? Bill C how's the turbo stuff going, and how are the flywheel's holding up?