Quantcast

Fly for under 20k!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I had a set of Headwind plans and regrettably sold them on about ten years ago. Very clear, well done plans and very cute little plane.
I bought a set of plans for the Headwind a couple of years ago. The plans have been redrawn in CAD, and are even better than the original hand-drawn plans (which were already good, as you noted). They are probably the best set of plans in my collection.

TFF

Single seat homebuilts tend to be great values. Only specific ones are worth more than 20k. I have an airport buddy who is about to liquidate his stuff. About a dozen under 20k planes. Some need more work than others but all are fliers.

Bille Floyd

OK, the 20k is in pounds sterling, so more like $25k USD, but still.
A quick search on craigslist , west of the Rockies ; here is what i found
in the price-range you described :

1946 AERONCA CHAMP 7AC N8CJ • - $17000 (Peoria)

1962 PA-28-160 Cherrokee - $13000 (Mesa)

Attention Quickie, Q2, Q200 - $18500 (Camarillo, KCMA)

61 CESSNA 150A TAILDRAGGER - $13000 (Morro Bay)

Airplane, STARDUSTER BI-PLANE - $22000 (Reedley)

Aeronca Champ tailwheel airplane - $19500 (Prineville)

1946 Taylorcraft Delux - $17500 (Boise)

Hatz Biplane - $20500 (Tygh Valley)
===================================================

And this one , kinda Looks like an airplane ; so i tossed it in :

HIMAX 1400 Z with Rotax 447 for sale - $6995 (Torrance)

Bille

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
I think that Champ in Peoria belonged to Roy Coulette of Turf Soaring fame. It could come and live in my hangar and I would help take care of the little beastie if someone wanted to buy it......unfortunately we would have to install ADSB-Out

ToddK

HBA Supporter
I think that Champ in Peoria belonged to Roy Coulette of Turf Soaring fame. It could come and live in my hangar and I would help take care of the little beastie if someone wanted to buy it......unfortunately we would have to install ADSB-Out
If it was originally certified without electronics, pull that junk out. ADSB not required. Keep the starter and go with a full loss battery system, and a handheld radio/com.

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
My Uncle in Michigan texted me an add for a Tripacer for sale for 17k. Deals everywhere. Just need a wad of cash and some time off work....😁

TFF

Come to my airport with $20k and I will show you a Cherokee, AA1, two T craft, a Chief and a Champ. Might be able to talk yourself into a Rearwind. Bring $10K and I will show you a Piet and a Stits Playboy. You could probably keep 5 in your pocket and flash cash and I bet you might get the discount.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
You remember old Roy Couliette ! Wow, that's been a while. I can't remember if we ever talked about him before? What a character. He over-rode one of his instructors, who didn't want to let me fly the Pilatus because I only had five flights in the Blanik. Roy said "Let the kid fly it, Jeff". So I got my first flight in a high performance glider. If that Champ is not all FUBAR, it's a pretty good deal. You might want to send BMCJ a private message, he was looking for a reasonably priced Champ to give some LSA instruction in.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Come to my airport with $20k and I will show you a Cherokee, AA1, two T craft, a Chief and a Champ. Might be able to talk yourself into a Rearwind. Bring $10K and I will show you a Piet and a Stits Playboy. You could probably keep 5 in your pocket and flash cash and I bet you might get the discount.
Which airport? I've been looking for an AA5, but I soloed in a fast wing Yankee way back when...

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Where are these located? Any pics? Which Rearwin does he have?

robertl

A quick search on craigslist , west of the Rockies ; here is what i found
in the price-range you described :

1946 AERONCA CHAMP 7AC N8CJ • - $17000 (Peoria)

1962 PA-28-160 Cherrokee - $13000 (Mesa)

Attention Quickie, Q2, Q200 - $18500 (Camarillo, KCMA)

61 CESSNA 150A TAILDRAGGER - $13000 (Morro Bay)

Airplane, STARDUSTER BI-PLANE - $22000 (Reedley)

Aeronca Champ tailwheel airplane - $19500 (Prineville)

1946 Taylorcraft Delux - $17500 (Boise)

Hatz Biplane - $20500 (Tygh Valley)
===================================================

And this one , kinda Looks like an airplane ; so i tossed it in :

HIMAX 1400 Z with Rotax 447 for sale - $6995 (Torrance)

Bille
Is there an actual way to do a quick search, I live in South Carolina and I have to click each city to see if there are any airplanes for sale at all. Usually there are a couple but mostly it's other stuff, a lot not even aviation related. I've been looking for a Cessna 150 within an acceptable range, say 400 mi. and it's tough. Barnstormers too.
Bob

TFF

I believe the Rearwind is a Sportster with the LeBlonde. I believe the AA1 is one of the first built. Located 100 yards east of the Mississippi River. Memphis. I don’t own any of them. Just friends and such who would like to sell their stuff.

addicted2climbing

Log Member
I believe the Rearwind is a Sportster with the LeBlonde. I believe the AA1 is one of the first built. Located 100 yards east of the Mississippi River. Memphis. I don’t own any of them. Just friends and such who would like to sell their stuff.
Love the sporster. Is it in anual? Contact info?