Fly Baby Plans Available for Free Download

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Wanttaja

When he passed away, Pete Bowers donated his entire collection to Seattle's Museum of Flight. One of the original sets of plans was part of the donation.

The Museum of Flight has scanned in the plans in a searchable PDF format, and have it on their site for free reading/download:

https://digitalcollections.museumoff...ems/show/50159

Click the "download" button for your own copy.

Note that this version of the plans dates from the same time as the magazine articles, so the PB100 material will be directly applicable.

Pete Bowers Centennial Fly Baby Reboot

18 years ago, Wolfang Dertnig put together a list of plans updates. You can see the changes at:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/revisions.pdf

Ron Wanttaja

billyvray

Fantastic, Ron, thanks for the information. I love looking at and sharing plans. I already have my copy.

Now, can we somehow convince the San Diego Air & Space Museum to do the same with Ray Stits plans? Currently they will print you them for an amount that will be about $400 for a set of plans....

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
SDASM would need to rescan the Stits plans first if my Flut-R-Bug plans are any indication. The quality was not great.

Now, can we somehow convince the San Diego Air & Space Museum to do the same with Ray Stits plans? Currently they will print you them for an amount that will be about $400 for a set of plans....

billyvray

That's sad that they are charging that for unsupported plans. Hell I'd take them and make a new set of electronic plans if for no other reason than to preserve the knowledge. I'd love to see a Stits-Besler Executive/SA-11 running around - maybe lightened up or simplified with some big tires - checks a lot of boxes for me.

Sorry for the inadvertent thread-jack.

1644515868863.png 1644516016292.png

Wanttaja

Sorry for the inadvertent thread-jack.
Not a problem at all. You are fully compliant with Clause #2 in the "Rules of the Internet":

The Rules of the Internet – August 2015
By Ron Wanttaja​

1. You will never get the last word. No matter how many arguments you make, no matter what insults or threats you post, someone will always come back with a response. When you’ve made your point, or it’s apparent the other person(s) aren’t going to be swayed by your arguments, stop.

2. Thread drift happens. Your topic is going to morph well beyond what you can imagine. Accept it and don’t freak out.

3. Posting anomalously is perfectly acceptable. However, the only respect you will earn is for your demonstrated *knowledge*. Anyone can claim to be an airline pilot or lawyer, but if you show you know the law or a particular airliner’s systems, people will treat you more seriously.

4. Your anonymous “identity” is not *you*. If someone is insulting your online persona, they’re not insulting you, personally. But there are a lot of smart people online; your true identity may not remain a secret.

5. Keep in mind that some people rely on giving non-verbal clues to show what they’re thinking, and may not realize that the *lack* of such clues may cause others to interpret their statements in a darker way. In person, “What kind of idiot are you?” accompanied by a grin and a slap on the back is easily recognized as being jocular. Yet the same words in an online message may raise hackles, since it lacks the non-verbal cues.

6. No one is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to continue an unpleasant online discussion. If you stop, few will notice.

7. You will be judged by what *you* say, not what people say about you. Someone can rant and spew insults about you, but if you keep your head, remain reasonable, and don’t reciprocate, most observers will have a negative view of the other individual. Take the high road; more will respect you.

8. Humor is the best shield, but only when it’s used to deflect away from you, not towards your adversary. A pun or a joke on the situation, not directed at a person or group, shows you’re cool and may get some grudging respect from your adversary.

9. Sarcasm is not humor. Not only is there the probability of escalating the flames, but you stand a good chance of looking like a real idiot if people don't realize your message as intended as sarcasm.

10. Finally, the most important rule of the Internet: There ARE no rules to the Internet. It is anarchy; there’s nothing that compels action in anyone. The only behavior you can control is your own.

Ron Wanttaja

Geraldc

In person, “What kind of idiot are you?” accompanied by a grin and a slap on the back is easily recognized as being jocular. Yet the same words in an online message may raise hackles, since it lacks the non-verbal cues.
When I first started doing this someone asked what planet I was on which offended me slightly. Turns out my clock was 12 hours ahead.

cavelamb

Hey Ron,

Long time, no type.

I remember the Air Progress article when I first learned of Pete.
What was it? 1963?
That's the day I fell in love with the Fly Baby.
Still do too.

Richard Lamb

Wanttaja

Hey Ron,

Long time, no type.

I remember the Air Progress article when I first learned of Pete.
What was it? 1963?
That's the day I fell in love with the Fly Baby.
Still do too.

Hi, Richard, good to hear from you. A lot of the old RAH crowd are here. Still have the Baby Ace?

Ron Wanttaja