Quantcast

Flightview EFIS and EMs

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tralika

Open Flight Solutions is the new guy on the block for iPad EFIS and EMS marketed as FlightView. Anyone had any experince with them yet? It looks like a good product.

openflightsolutions.com

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Looks really nice stuff. Wish these people would all stop designing themselves into apple products exclusively.

tralika

I agree. I'm not an Apple guy myself, I have a friend who is building and he is considering this system. It's pretty new so I thought I'd ask about it here to see in anyone had used it yet. I wouldn't want to be the first one to buy it. Also, I'm not a fan of the touch screen controls. Recently I've been flying a plane with a GTN 650. Nice gps but the touch screen is something I can't get used to. The designers should be required to work in continuous light turbulence, ocasional moderate turbulence. Maybe they would figure out that touch screen is not as convienent to use in the air as when they are sitting at their desk.

Yellowhammer

I agree. I'm not an Apple guy myself, I have a friend who is building and he is considering this system. It's pretty new so I thought I'd ask about it here to see in anyone had used it yet. I wouldn't want to be the first one to buy it. Also, I'm not a fan of the touch screen controls. Recently I've been flying a plane with a GTN 650. Nice gps but the touch screen is something I can't get used to. The designers should be required to work in continuous light turbulence, ocasional moderate turbulence. Maybe they would figure out that touch screen is not as convienent to use in the air as when they are sitting at their desk.

I AGREE 100 PERCENT!

gtae07

The Apple-centrism of many apps bothers me too. But I can understand why they go with that platform from a development standpoint; it simplifies things quite a bit since there are much fewer possible configurations to address.

BJC

HBA Supporter
The Apple-centrism of many apps bothers me too. But I can understand why they go with that platform from a development standpoint; it simplifies things quite a bit since there are much fewer possible configurations to address.
Yup, reminds me of all the HBA aircraft designers who design for Lycoming engines.

BJC

slociviccoupe

Im same dont prefer apple but reason is way processir works. Apple is more media based where as windows or linux is more towards the hardware and system and then the graphics. Thats why almost every editing, graphics and music software is run on apple.