• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flight Control "Harmony"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N804RV

I was talking to a friend, who's raced at Reno, about building a fast homebuilt airplane. I mentioned the GP-4, and he told me about his experience flying one and trying to fly formation with one. He said the flight controls were not well harmonized. He explained that pitch and yaw were not too bad. But, that roll was just too twitchy. He said the airplane was exhausting to fly because of this, and it was not a good aircraft for formation flying.

How would one go about fixing this? Is there a good book on the topic?

Back