• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flight case for Olympic cargo or a handy superlight coffin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litespeed

As some may have noticed the four yearly festival of egos and money has just finished.

Now the true Olympics are soon to start and the real Olympians are about to strut the world stage. No not overpaid, over facebooked, over funded egos on legs but real atheletes.

Yes- The ParaOlympics.

My last 20 years have been in the welfare/education/disability services and was lucky enough to meet a true olympian locally and hear the rude stories of mass wasted funding for the ego Olympians and the Zero funding for Para Olympians. Yes thats right we spend hundreds of millions for over egoed brats, give them wages and huge sponsorship deals. The Para Olympians get nothing- all is fund raised or out of family amd friends pockets. Even bloody plane tickets.

Yes it is disgusting and luckily I was able to vent my anger in a practical and positive way.

A local woman is a wheel chair sprinter for the 100m and 200m - current worlds record holder. Help from Government and bussiness- Not a cent.

She (Rosemary) was in the local paper asking for any help to purchase the $200 a wheel tyres needed to compete- can you imagine a Ego Olympian who was worlds best scraping money for tyres to compete?

The other thing she mentioned was the need for a flight case to protect her racing wheel chair from abuse in transit incluing on flights. Her last chair at $8000 was destroyed by United when she last flew- no apology, no offer to compensate and a get stuffed attitude. Only a very generous local who paid for a new chair has meant she has been able to compete.

I was sure this is a area I could help and gain some much wanted alloy building experience.

So, ...........a flight case was needed and I was determined to make one.

Also very much like a coffin- dual use and could be handy for a ego olympians corpse when the disappointment of been showered in riches and attention becomes to much for their feeble minds.

So with a 8 day countdown until Rosemary had to leave a project was born.

I had never built anything like it before and much head scratching was involved.

It had to be strong but very light for aircraft use and suitable to tow behind a normal wheel chair.

It is 5 foot 10 inches- so not small either.

Will post some pics soon.

Back