Quantcast

Flaglor Scooter ?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

don january

Log Member
I was wondering if anyone has heard of any of these all wood planes being built in the US.? floglor 3.jpgfloglor scooter.jpgfloglor 2.jpgfloglor 1.jpg I think this would be a great around the patch plane for a first time builder.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Re: Floglor Scooter ?

There has only been a small handful. This is another one of those planes that is ugly enough to be cute, which means I like it! :) I don't recall seeing anything about plans availability in a long time. I'd like having a set, just because.

FritzW

Log Member

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any of these all wood planes being built in the US.?
Based on a quick look at the tail numbers on a google image search I think MOST were built in the US. I've seen the one at the Pima Air Museum, cute!

The plans are great, looks like an easy build. Getting in and out looks like it could be a challenge though.

EDIT:
Link to plans HERE

don january

Log Member

Based on a quick look at the tail numbers on a google image search I think MOST were built in the US. I've seen the one at the Pima Air Museum, cute!

The plans are great, looks like an easy build. Getting in and out looks like it could be a challenge though.

EDIT:
Link to plans HERE
Well FritzW at my size I'd about have to borrow the wife's step stool to get in.:gig: fly2kads is right it isn't the pretties plane in the world but it does border on cute and I like the view. With a set of skies and heat plumbed in from the exhaust would be kinda fun to go fox hunting:nervous:

Raceair

Pops.....I agree, started Building a Headwind once, Father/son project, but got sidetracked.....Nice one in Ohio for sale right now.....

FritzW

Log Member
There's a whole lotta non-PtP stuff going on with that one. ...kudos to the builder

Last edited:

FritzW

Log Member
PtP = "Per the Plans".

>>>

Did the Scooter in Flagstaff look like this one? It was built in Arizona and now it's hanging in the Pima Air Museum in Tucson.
Flaglor_Sky_Scooter.jpg

Reactions: BJC

JamesF

I bought a scooter from a fellow in Lubbock, TX in 1984. It had a stock 1600 VW in it. I started flying lessons the week after I bought the plane. After I soloed and got 8 hours in a 152 I began flying it. I flew it for a couple of years before life got in the way and sold it. It handled a lot like a J3, but lighter on the controls. I have nothing but praise for the design. I’m 6’ 2” and weighed 200 then. I could get in and out easily but I wouldn’t want to try today. ;-)
It made a believer in VW conversions. My friend Bob Martin who had a J-3 was amazed that the Scooter was faster than his J-3.
James Fuller