Quantcast

Wanted Flaglor Scooter plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

WINGITIS

There are some plans archived here in New Zealand:

They might make copies for you?

Here is a picture I took of the one in the MOTAT museum in Auckland, New Zealand in 2018

Cheers
Kevin

20180215_Flaglor Scooter ZK-EYL.jpg

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Thanks, Kevin, but I have not had good luck trying to obtain usable plans from museum collections, I am going to keep trying to find an original set. Cheers, Matthew

There are some plans archived here in New Zealand:

They might make copies for you?

WINGITIS

Thanks, Kevin, but I have not had good luck trying to obtain usable plans from museum collections, I am going to keep trying to find an original set. Cheers, Matthew
OK I understand,

I have had previous issues with the IPWM in the UK, they have never been friendly, I tried to get the DLE measurements from them on the HP80 Victor, they had even taken them off for restoration and would not measure them, they also have the plans but they said there were to many to go through...

When I said I would be happy to come and go through them whilst on holiday they cited they were still classified, so I proved to them that they were not classified.......BUT IT DID NOT HELP!!!!!

However a museum in Australia was happy to copy the relevant pages they had on the Lockheed Hudson wing slots when I asked them.

If you get stuck I could inquire about them when I am next up there, they are very friendly and one can even walk around their workshops and see the restorations underway.

They are also funded by PUBLIC agencies so should be receptive.

Just let me know if you want to to ask at some stage.

Cheers
Kevin

Gregory Perkins

Fred- I have a set -sixteen pages. willing to have them professionally scanned by architectural plan production company in hi res (400 dpi) TIF-IV format ( same as used by Smithsonian and US Patent office) if you cover costs.

David L. Downey

Fred- I have a set -sixteen pages. willing to have them professionally scanned by architectural plan production company in hi res (400 dpi) TIF-IV format ( same as used by Smithsonian and US Patent office) if you cover costs.
Good morning Gregory,
If you are talking about Scooter plans, I am also interested as I have not been able to connect the dots for a set either.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Normally I would prefer to locate an original set but I’d be interested in the scanned option as a backup. Archival quality is not necessary, just a decent (300 dpi?) scan to PDF format would be great.

David L. Downey

just got off the phone with the guy listed as the source for the plans (Rotor Wings & Flying Machines). He said he no longer is doing that. He also said the design rights are for sale (he did not define the cnditions for the sale).

don january

Log Member
I have a set of the original prints and for those who are thinking of a first build I'd stick with the Mini-max or VP. IMO

peter dunn

...and I am now in the process of acquiring those design rights. so, at some point down the road I might be able to get hard copies to others who need/want them.
I do hope that you can acquire the rights and that the plans will again be available for sale. I would also like to obtain a copy