FL760 issue

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

olphart

I'm installing and FL760 radio and on bench testing, powering up get it flashing on and every couple of seconds. The only connections are 12v and ground. I;ve checked the wiring and it is correct to the diagram.
Anyone else had this problem?

Daleandee

I'm installing and FL760 radio and on bench testing, powering up get it flashing on and every couple of seconds. The only connections are 12v and ground. I;ve checked the wiring and it is correct to the diagram.
Anyone else had this problem?
If you have the radio I'm certain you have the manual with the wiring diagram. Note that there are two connections for the positive 12V/24V DC and two connections for the negative ground. Not sure this would even cause the issue you are having but thought I'd mention it.

What color is the LED when it comes on? Are you seeing the primary and standby frequencies on the display when it is powered up? If no signal is received or transmitted the LED will not be lit. From the manual:

A clear display indicates a muted receive condition.
・ Steady green indicates Squelch open or a signal present.
・ Steady red indicates a transmit condition.
・ Flashing red indicates that the PTT has been on for longer than 50 seconds.

If the radio senses that the PTT has been pressed for more than five minutes (three minutes or one minute is also selectable) the radio will automatically cease transmission. (This is helpful for indicating a possible stuck PTT or mike switch).

I have a Flightline 760 and it has been a great radio for many years. I might suggest that you make all of the connections before testing the radio.

Dunno if this helps ...

Dale

olphart

Aha! I solved the problem! I had hooked up the radio to a spare battery thru a continuity tester, which pulled the voltage below what the radio was happy with. So it kept shutting down, then trying to power up again. I noticed the continuity tester light going off and on with the radio, and decided to remove it, and Voila! Radio is happy.
Thanx to all for the suggestions