• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fisher Avenger as an ultralight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionraice

Hello all,
I am looking into a homebuilt ultralight as a hoby. I do work with wood a lot and am a member of a local woodworking guild. Currently I have only a smaller room in the basement by the bulkhead in which to work. Directly near my house there is a feild which is suitable for operation. I have been doing some research and I think I have decided on a Fisher Flying products Avenger which requires a Hirth F-33 engine to qualify. My concern is that this craft would be grossly underpowered with this engine and be somewhat unsafe as an ultralight. So my quesion is this: Has anyone had experience with Fisher ultralights and is 400 fpm of climb to low? Any advice is apreciated.

Back