• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

First time flyer and builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty83

First and foremost. Thank you for accepting my request to join. My name is Robert. I live in east Texas. I am 39 years old and I really thought this is too old to learn how to fly and too old to start building my own aircraft. I’ve often looked in the sky and being jealous of the many pilots getting to fly around. I was going down the rabbit hole of YouTube and came across a guy who finds old aircraft and gets them running and flys home. It got my wheels turning in my head. I am colorblind and learning that it makes it hard to get a pilots certification I was kind of bummed out. Then the world of part 103 jumped out at me. That was a game changer. I have been looking and researching planes and I know my wife is tired of me showing her planes lol. I came across the Texas Parasol. The design and shape and power plant options really appealed to me. I bought my plans yesterday and I am printing them out as we speak. I am so excited to have my own plane and start this adventure. My goal is to fly with the birds and make some fly ins and get togethers. I am so glad to be here to learn more about my new addiction and meet some addicts just like me.

Back