First Flight

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

planecrazzzy

It's not finished until it FLIES..... after alot of paperchasing and getting myself up to speed with tailwheel endorsement and 5 hrs in a like aircraft....I finally flew my plane after 4 yrs of building.....
I did some fast Taxi and flew the tail.....Then a faster taxi and lifted slightly.....on the third one I planned to lift off and "feel" the airplane, if the Trim was too bad....I'd put it back down , The trim was PERFECT , I gradually added power and started the climb over the airport to check the "approach" to stall speed.....then I brought her back down and had a Great landing.....about a 15 min flight - Noneventfull
Gotta Fly...
Mike in MN

Here's some pictures of that day.....:ban:

Last edited:

planecrazzzy

Testing Trim

Still making the decision to commit aviation...
Gotta Fly...

Last edited:

planecrazzzy

Success !

Now , It'll take two weeks to get this stupid GRIN off my face !

Last edited:

Captain_John

Mike,

CONGRATS!!! Looks like the WX cooperated for you!

Ya gotta love it!

:ban: CJ

CAB

Good stuff

Now that's what it's all about!!!!!:ban: May the stupid grin never leave your face.:D

CAB
Bearhawk #862

wally

wow, congratulations from me too!

Nice job. What Kolb model is it? I had a Kolb Ultrastar, (ultralight) that looked like yours only the boom was high and the engine was low, behind the seat. Just an open framework.
I did not build it but learned how to fly tail draggers with it, not the recomended method but it worked for me
Wally

planecrazzzy

Thanks Guys

Hey , Thanks for the replies guys....

The plane is a Kolb - Firestar II , 503 w/B box, Dual Carbs, Dual Elec ignition ,Dual Ducati ignition , 3 Blade 66" IVO , GPL starter , EIS w/ VSI and remote switches, Narco AT155 Transponder and AR850 encoding Altimeter, miZer fuel gauge/ fuel flow meter, and I painted it after one of my old R/C planes......

That whole process is here :

http://www.geocities.com/planecrazzzy/Planecrazzzy.html

Gotta Fly...
Mike in MN N381PM

PS I LOVE the "VSI" on my "EIS"

Last edited:

Craig

Congrats -

Mike - heartiest congrats on your first flight last Sunday. It is always a thrill to have your creation, your "baby" in flight for the first time.

Between hurricanes, come down to SE Florida, where the flying is great.

Group Builder