• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

First flight report- Breezy N1879B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprucemoose

Fellow HBAers,

After nearly nine years, thousands of hours and more than a few cubic kilodollars, on Saturday Aug. 26 I took the Breezy up for the first flight. The airplane performed well with no major squawks save for a minor oil leak and some intercom adjustments.

I built N1879B from the standard Breezy plans with only a couple small modifications including larger tail area and modifications to the front seat to accommodate my 6'3 frame. All work was done by me. Wings are Wag Aero Sportsman 2+2 wood rib/ spar. Covering and painting is Stewart Systems. Motor is an O-200 from a wrecked homebuilt, major overhauled by me with some performance mods (Lycon 9:1 pistons, C90 cam, electronic ignition.) Prop is by Ed Sterba. Empty weight is 801 lbs, not bad for a Breezy with starter, battery and alternator.

I have a lot of photos and video from the event, including in-flight video from my new toy (GoPro) and I'm working on editing that down so look for more in a couple of days.

Attachments

• IMG_0778 3.jpg
    IMG_0778 3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 89
Back