• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy. I'm working on my first plane build right now, and have a couple questions. First off, the material is 4130 tube, but what diameter should be used for the fuselage? Wing? For the engine I'm thinking of the 30hp Briggs unit. I saw the 22 horse version on a similar plane, and the guy said he'd never go back to the Rotax. Any thoughts on that? Any other tips or advice for tube and fabric builds?
Thanks.

Back