• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Firewall! SS or Titanium?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taiser

Starting to stockpile and scrounge for metals for my Hummel H5 build this winter (Build thread will be started when I actually get going! :) ) and am thinking of titanium for the firewall instead of SS. Price isn't that bad from what I can see for the size I need (firewall is pretty small on the H5) but am wondering if there is any good reason, besides maybe a few ounces in weight) of going with the titanium FW? Never used it before so wondering how hard it is to work with, bend tabs on, etc... I know for sure I don't want galvanized! My 750 has it and I regret using it. Knowing what I know now I would have went with a custom made SS on my 750! :ermm:

Anyhoo, anybody who has $0.02 to throw in, or has worked with Ti before, be great to get any advice!

Cheers

Mark

Back