finished himax on its first flight.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks, very cool, she looks like a ton of fun. The perspective from your camera (5:32 on) makes that clearing look narrow!

PagoBay

Congratulations!!

Request - I am always keen to know about minimalist panels.
Please reply with details especially the phone app.
thanks
RMM-Guam

Gyrojeffro

Congratulations!!

Request - I am always keen to know about minimalist panels.
Please reply with details especially the phone app.
thanks
RMM-Guam

The phone app is called speedometer by cool niks its an android app it measures ground speed only, I am using to verify my airspeed guage is reading correctly. The two main instruments are the mgl blaze airspeed VSI and altimeter and the mgl vega tc-4 which shows cylinder head temperature and exhaust gas temperature.

11-16586a.jpg 11-15994.jpg

Jim Chuk

Congratulations! Very nice to see another Himax take to the sky. I had a Himax with a 447 that I flew for about 150 hrs, and it was a lot of fun. JImChuk

Jim Chuk

Congratulations! Very nice to see another Himax take to the sky. I had a Himax with a 447 that I flew for about 150 hrs, and it was a lot of fun. JImChuk

Pops

Log Member
Have fun. Nice little airplane. Old friend of mine built a Hi-Max and would fly in to my field to visit. He flew it several years along with his C-140. Hard not to smile when flying a Hi-Max or a Mini-Max.

Victor Bravo

Lookin' good Jeffro!

But I have to admit that those trees scare the crap out of me on short final. How wide is the slot between those trees? what happens when you get a little cross-breeze through there?

Last edited:

Gyrojeffro

Lookin' good Jeffro!

But I have to admit that those trees scare the crap out of me on short final. How wide is the slot between those trees? what hap pens when you get a little cross-breeze through there?[/QUOTE

When the air gets rough I fly the gyrocopter. The runway is 50 ft wide

Group Builder