• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Finally officially started, S2L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnMedic

20230305_171202.jpg

Well, 2ish years after receiving my plans, I'm making actual progress.
Have my table all finished up, it's pretty dang flat and level for a bunch of MDF!

Spent the afternoon laying out the fuselage sides, headed to the aviation aisle of the local hardware store to get some wood for blocks.

See how much I can get done before I leave for this summers "deployment"... Stay tuned, because everyone here is gonna get a kick out of what's around the corner for me.20230206_185045.jpg20230305_171202.jpg20230206_185059.jpg

Just a tip before you start welding..... Get some flat steel sheet to lay along the tubes where you're welding so you don't burn up the new table too badly..... And clamp them down to keep them flat.

Just a tip before you start welding..... Get some flat steel sheet to lay along the tubes where you're welding so you don't burn up the new table too badly..... And clamp them down to keep them flat.
I'm using TIG for welding, so there won't be much excess heat as I tack things up. I have more experience with TIG than I do with gas, and feel better about the heat control with it.
I expect this table to be pretty chewed up when I'm done.

i FLY A Sonerai 2LS. Ss it is the aircraft is short coupled. May I suggest you go with the stretched fuselage. gives both occupants more leg room too.
My turtle deck/canopy is raised 6". seats 2ea 6'5"occupants. Another reason to raise the fin and rudder also 6" each.
billE

Back