• Homebuilt Airplanes is a vibrant community of pilots, plane builders and industry experts. Our thousands of active members use HBA to trade detailed technical information, discuss best practices, share their builds, plan get-togethers and buy/sell planes & parts. In addition to the community you gain access to, you gain access to over 20 years of curated knowledge by some of the brighest in the industry.

Access to HBA is subscription based. It is free for 7 days so you can get to know our community!

Click Here to Become a Member and Access HBA

Finally officially started, S2L

CdnMedic

20230305_171202.jpg

Well, 2ish years after receiving my plans, I'm making actual progress.
Have my table all finished up, it's pretty dang flat and level for a bunch of MDF!

Spent the afternoon laying out the fuselage sides, headed to the aviation aisle of the local hardware store to get some wood for blocks.

See how much I can get done before I leave for this summers "deployment"... Stay tuned, because everyone here is gonna get a kick out of what's around the corner for me.20230206_185045.jpg 20230305_171202.jpg 20230206_185059.jpg

Elviar

Just a tip before you start welding..... Get some flat steel sheet to lay along the tubes where you're welding so you don't burn up the new table too badly..... And clamp them down to keep them flat.

CdnMedic

Just a tip before you start welding..... Get some flat steel sheet to lay along the tubes where you're welding so you don't burn up the new table too badly..... And clamp them down to keep them flat.
I'm using TIG for welding, so there won't be much excess heat as I tack things up. I have more experience with TIG than I do with gas, and feel better about the heat control with it.
I expect this table to be pretty chewed up when I'm done.

Bil4381

i FLY A Sonerai 2LS. Ss it is the aircraft is short coupled. May I suggest you go with the stretched fuselage. gives both occupants more leg room too.
My turtle deck/canopy is raised 6". seats 2ea 6'5"occupants. Another reason to raise the fin and rudder also 6" each.
billE