Finally found a place to start

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by YV-PILOT, Jul 8, 2003.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 8, 2003 #1

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

Hello to everyone in this forum!
    Finally after a few days trying to find a forum finally found it last night. I would like the opportunity to congratulate the webmaster for such a great forum, likewise all the people who everyday contribute to make it a good source of knowledge sharing.
    My name is Rafael; I live in Merida Venezuela, hold a FAA commercial license and have about 350 hours, most of them in piper Cherokees and Seminoles.
    My interest for experimental aviation came to me an afternoon in Vero Beach, Florida where I learnt to fly (1999). Had the chance to see a glasair doing touches and goes, I was really impressed by the performance, the speed and looking of the airplane. Later on that day I found out that was a homebuilt, initially couldn’t believe it, but it is true!!
    I still have many questions about this subject hopefully find an answer in this forum since I want to build and fly my own airplane
    Thanks again to the people who makes this forum possible.
    Kind regards
    Rafael

P.S. please forgive me if have made a grammatical mistake, English is not my first language.

2. Jul 9, 2003 #2

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

Thanks for the kind words Rafael and thanks for becoming a part of the group. I hope you can get the answers you need here. There are a lot of great people that contribute often and who are always willing to help. It has been a little slow here for the past couple of months but things are starting to pick up lately. I hope that trend continues!

Is there an active homebuilding community in Venezuela? I seem to remember reading a few references to builders in Venezuela but is it pretty wide spread?

Anyway, if you need any help with the site, please let me know. Also, don't hesitate to make suggestions if you can think of ways to make the site better.

Jake

P.s. English is my first language and your writing is better than mine. Don't sweat it!

3. Jul 10, 2003 #3

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

Thanks for your warm welcome Jake.
    In Venezuela there are a few airplanes registered under experimental flying, although I think is becoming more popular and the hobby is gaining more attention everyday since there are successful projects flying across Venezuelan airspace, and also since prices of certified airplanes has gone higher in the last decade. Likewise most of the airplanes on the used market are old Cessnas from the 60´s and 70´s with high time on airframes and engines.
    I’m trying to find out if we have something like EAA or some kind of group of people involved in the hobby, For instance I know AOPA has its office in Caracas.
    Have a look at some articles found on the internet
    www.zenithair.com/stolch801/bldr-photos-md1.html
    www.infortel.com/cozy/
    I’m going to Caracas next month to visit the Venezuelan FAA (MINFRA) in order to personally find out about regulations, laws and certification of experimental planes and with the hope of meeting some people involved in this fascinating adventure.

Thanks again.
    YV-PILOT

4. Jul 10, 2003 #4

Craig

Craig

Craig

YV-Pilot
    Thanks for the post, and welcome to the list!
    Do let us know what the Venezuelan government says about homebuilts. I'm planning to fly mine to Brasil in the next few years, and am trying to check on which governments are amenable to homebuilts flying through their air.
    I'm located in the West Palm Beach area - we have a fairly active chapter (203). So if you are going to Vero again, let us know when you are in the area.
    There used to be an EAA chapter in Caracas, some years ago. I'll see what I can find.

5. Jul 10, 2003 #5

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

Craig.
    I will find out the info you required, I´m planning to visit aviation authorities next month.
    At this time I have no plans to visit the USA this year, but maybe will go for vacation next year, I´ll let you know.
    I would really appreciate if you could get some info from EAA, since I´m not a member yet. I´m willing to join, but first have to find if they have a local chapter.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Regards.
    YV-Pilot

6. Jul 12, 2003 #6

Craig

Craig

Craig

YV -
    I checked the chapter listing - the ONLY ONE in South America is in Chile, which is a Loooong way from Venezuela!
    Maybe you could start one!
    Go to www.eaa.org, scroll down a bit on the left, click on "chapters". From there you can click on "start a chapter". It's not hard, and you'll have a lot of fun. I've been president of our chapter (203) for a while, and EAA is really helpful.

Good luck with your project - keep us posted!

7. Jul 15, 2003 #7

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

YV-PILOT

Thanks for the info Craig. Maybe there is a group of people or something less official than an EAA Chapter, it would be a great idea to get all of us together and start a formal chapter. As I said before, I’m planning to go to Caracas (Capital of the country) next month and since the majority of Venezuelan population is concentrated nearby, the majority of GA is so.
    I will find out personally the info you required.
    Thanks again
    YV-Pilot

8. Nov 16, 2018 #8

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Hay grupos en Argentina y Chile, y pienso en Colombia, pero no encontre nada en Venezuela. Normalmente estuve trabajando (industria de petroleo, era un proveeador a PDVSA). Un amigo de mi disribuidor tuve un Piper en el aeropuerto en Caracas, pero el salio el pais depues de las manifestations contra Carlos Andres Perez (Caracazo). Aparte de el, no vi una indicacion de un grupo de aviation civil en Venezuela. En Buenos Aires, la familia Smith son los representantes de Beechcraft, ellos tuvieron algunas projectos en el aeropuerto Aeroparque. Vi mas actividad en Chile, por entrenimiento la fuerza aerea uso Buecker Yungmeisters.

Suerte y bienvenido al grupo, perdon mi espanol!

Derswede (Andres)

9. Nov 16, 2018 #9

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

Umm, Derswede, that thread is 15 years old. I don't think he's listening. :-/

10. Nov 16, 2018 #10

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

What can I say, I love a good Zombie thread. Also bored here in Vietnam, did not check the dates.

Forgive me, all great Mods!!

Derswede, the temporal idiot.

11. Nov 16, 2018 #11

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Well, to make up for extending a zombie thread, and keeping it International, here are some photos from the museum in Saigon. The jet is a Cessna.

Derswede

Attached Files:

cluttonfred and Marc W like this.