• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Finally a working "jet" pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michealvalentinsmith

Here's the website for a "jet" pack that's past the testing phase and is available for commercial purchase - if you have a handy 80 grand.

Flight duration is only 30 minutes, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable relying on a 2 stroke motor - ballistic chute or not. (Though 200 hp from a 130 lb, 2 liter motor is pretty good and with fuel injection and dual CDI ignition is probably more reliable than my chainsaw).

If this thing works it makes me wonder if perhaps that Molner sky car might just make it to production one day after all.

Looks like the mythbusters might have to change there determination to plausible now (though their version was homebuilt off plans)

In the video you'll see directional control comes from the surfaces near the feet - not from directly under the fan ducts - which seems unusual.

www.matrinjetpack.com

Back