• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

fiberglass tool for the fiberglass averse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rv7charlie

Supporting Member
My name is Charlie, and I'm an aluminum addict (and fiberglass-phobe).

I'm currently fighting with FG 'finishing', & after struggling with a course file, and almost ruining an intersection fairing by trying to dress a joint on my 1" belt sander, I looked in my grinder drawer for other solutions. Found this old paint removal disc, made to chuck in a drill. I found that using it in a cordless drill kept it from being too aggressive, and made it relatively easy to control. Thought I'd pass along the tip to others like me.

Don't ask where I got it; it's been lurking in that drawer for probably 20 years. Should be able to find something similar on the usual sites.
20220417_141514.jpg

Back