• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Favour from the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVSUSteve

I apologise for my absence from the forum (or for my return depending upon your opinion of me!) but I have been swamped with work and such. However, I need a favour from a few of you. I am working on a paper looking at injury patterns to the forearms during fixed-wing crashes and one of the factors is the design of the control stick, yoke, etc as well as the throttles. Each design potentially changes the loading of the forearms and hands and may alter the injuries produced.

My request, if you are so inclined and do not mind them being published (with credit given of course), is for you to post a picture of the controls in your aircraft. If you want to have someone take pictures showing the movement of your arms, hands and wrists during various manipulations of the controls, that would be an excellent visual aid to the paper as well. I have a couple of examples using the aircraft I have direct access to but they are both of similar design so there is a need for additional examples.

I know this might be an inconvenience but I would really appreciate the help if you would be amenable.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Steve

Back