• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fauvel AV-36 and 361 plans project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a traditional aircraft build, at least not yet. I have taken on the responsibility for the AV-36 after purchasing Falconair's rights to the design. After receiving the documentation It became apparent the the plans needed some significant updating. The 'master' plans showed their age due to the wear and tear of being used to copy them for each set of plans sold. They were never converted to digital format. Some of the masters are even negatives - white lines on black background. I've had the plans scanned locally so that i have a digital set to work with while redrawing the plans into CAD specifically Solidworks.

This will/should result is a set of plans that are accurate and much easier to read. In addition 3D pdf files can be generated which should aid int visualizing what is being built.

Obviously the CAD files won't be posted but I hope to post various screen shots and links to 3d PDF files as I am able to find time to work on this project. I'd post the 3D PDF files here, but they are generally pretty big and I see no reason to fill up HBA's server with large files that are likely to be of interest to only a few of our members.

A sample of the original plans:
HBA fuselage.jpg

And the CAD rendering of the part:

Frame 2.jpg

Link to comment thread:
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/fauvel-av-36-and-361-project.31891/

Last edited:
Back