• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

FatBoy Aircraft Control Sytems L19 BirdDog Throttle Quadrant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBoy

Hey fellas,

I've been working with Steve Noyes out of Hanover, MA, supplying him with throttle quadrant parts for his L19 projects. We've done a few so far and he recently sent me one he refurbished. It is a beautiful, substantial piece of WWII machinery and sort of strikes a chord with me, my Radial Rocket and the "fighter" side from within, and I am hoping other builders might feel the same. I took this video and threw it up on YouTube.

If anyone is interested in acquiring one of these, please send me a message. It is very similar in dimension to the new replica we are selling now. The width from the outboard wall to the inboard wall is 2 and 5/16th, with the propeller knob (or whatever you want to use it for), at just under 3.75 inches in width.

I have no idea about pricing, as I am putting together a cost list with the shop now. I would like to offer a few options, as well as an exact, new, replica of what you see in the video, mixture ratchet included.

Any opinions are welcome. I'll offer this as well as our existing quadrant with or without the FatBoy grip/electronics, opting for just the throttle knob vs. grip.

Login | Facebook

or try the Throttle Quadrants, Flight Stick Grips, Throttle Grips site and click on the "L19 BirdDog" video.

Thanks for your ideas/opinions --

Andy (Throttle Quadrants, Flight Stick Grips, Throttle Grips)

Back