Quantcast

Fasted build time (hrs) 4 seat aircraft?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Battson

What are the fastest build-time (hours to construct) aircraft kit-sets on the market, with a real-world four seat capacity?

TFF

I would think a quickbuilt RV10 would be in the ballpark. From what I have seen, the composite planes take a while to make;even though they come with big parts made. How much time did the Bearhawk take?

djschwartz

If you're serious about true four seats the quick build RV 10, as stated above, is definitey your best bet. The Sportsman 2+2 may be OK for a roomy 2 seater that can carry two more if they're not too big or the flight too long.

Kyle Boatright

HBA Supporter
Where would a Velocity fit in the mix? If you send them enough $, they will provide an airframe that is well on the way to completion.

saini flyer

Cheapracer, something is not correct with the cougar..... How do you get a clean stall of 33knots on a 110.5 sqf wing at 800Kg gross? Even if you consider a LSA spec, a 600 Kg gross needs about 125sqf to get to the 45kts stall :dis:

I do not know why cant the aircraft manufacturers state true specs... or in this case atleast resonable specs :tired:

I am also curious to know taht if it is the fastest build of all 4 seater, how many hours is the build and how does it comply to the 51% kit regulation in the states?

Morgan Aeroworks Cougar would be the fastest and easiest build kit in the world maybe.

Morgan Aeroworks - Cougar

A build underway here ...

Started the Couger | Recreational Flying

cheapracer

Log Member
Cheapracer,
I merely answered the thread topic's question and you only have to read the build threads to confirm how fast a Morgan can be built, it's pretty obvious and quite clever in it's KISS.

FWIW I do know the 2 seater Sierra 100 stalls at a low speed that apparently impresses a lot of doubters. A close friend of mine flew one last year (that's why I know about them at all) and verified that, came in at less than 30 knots using barely any flap. Apparently it's breadth of speed, i.e. 30 to 130, is what makes most of it's sales.

Hauling 4 people on 125hp? White knuckle stuff on a hot/ high runway I think. The specs seem a bit unrealistic.
I have no association or reason to defend the claims but will mention I have been at that Oz forum for a bit now where the Morgan is popular and where he gets hell over this but nobody calls him out on his claims ...

Plane Crashes Into Ferris Wheel in Australia | Fox News

rv6ejguy

I merely answered the thread topic's question and you only have to read the build threads to confirm how fast a Morgan can be built, it's pretty obvious and quite clever in it's KISS.

FWIW I do know the 2 seater Sierra 100 stalls at a low speed that apparently impresses a lot of doubters. A close friend of mine flew one last year (that's why I know about them at all) and verified that, came in at less than 30 knots using barely any flap. Apparently it's breadth of speed, i.e. 30 to 130, is what makes most of it's sales.

I have no association or reason to defend the claims but will mention I have been at that Oz forum for a bit now where the Morgan is popular and where he gets hell over this but nobody calls him out on his claims ...

Plane Crashes Into Ferris Wheel in Australia | Fox News
It does look like a simple kit to put together. The QB RV10 would not be in this time league for sure due to the time required to complete the cabin assembly especially.

I can't see the flap arrangement in the photos but I suppose with some trick full span flaps, the stall could be pretty low but the ROC loaded, seems pretty unlikely.

proppastie

Log Member
If you are looking for fast time to fly, and reasonable price, go used factory built. You can get a 172 or Cherokee for under 20K, and Mooney for under 30K. You can be flying in the time it takes to write a check.

cheapracer

Log Member
If you are looking for fast time to fly, and reasonable price, go used factory built. You can get a 172 or Cherokee for under 20K, and Mooney for under 30K. You can be flying in the time it takes to write a check.
Welcome to "Homebuilt Airplanes" website ;)

cheapracer

Log Member
That cougar looks like a KR2 made from aluminum. Neat!
Well spotted; From the website "About Us" ....

....... after garnering quite a lot of attention for his prize winning modified KR2, ....

Obviously that's where it all started!

nerobro

Log Member
The boat was the giveaway for me. And the awkward after fuselage. :) KR2's aren't pretty. But they do haul butt.

....... after garnering quite a lot of attention for his prize winning modified KR2, ....

nerobro

Log Member
The boat was the giveaway for me. And the awkward after fuselage. :) KR2's aren't pretty. But they do haul butt.