• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Falconar SAL Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new to the forums and looking for information from some of you fine folks. Has anyone build or in the process of building a Falconar SAL Mustang? I am considering purchasing the plans from Manna Aviation but I have never built a plane before so this is all very new to me. I do have some practical skills being a qualified house builder so some things may transfer over, also I am lucky enough to have neighbour who is a racing boat builder so hoping he can help me out with the fibreglass requirements. I have a currently work as a commercial pilot with around 5000 hours but I have never flown a tail dragger. My questions are many but the main one's are; how hard is this aircraft to build from scratch? (I know that is like asking how long a piece of string is but some insight would be nice) and how hard is a SAL Mustang to fly? I would love to just purchase a kit for a t-51 but the upfront cost is out of my price range at the moment so this seems like a viable alternative. Am I dreaming? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Back