• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Falco N644F

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyeagle44f

F.8L Falco: Building started in 1985, first flight June 1995. Bought most of the Sequoia Aircraft kits, Don George re-built IO-320-B1A, Hartzell CS prop, cost very closely approached six figures. Built in my basement, building hours over 4,000.

Consulted my friend the late Tony Bingelis often during construction (he had built one) and he inspected it on two occasions.

Empty weight about 1290, top speed (7,000') 200 mph TAS. At normal cruise (160 mph TAS) burns 7.5 gph. Stall clean 59 KIAS.

I made the first flight (at 72 years) after having had another Falco builder (Bob Bready) offer me time in his bird for some 3-4 hours, ten landings. He said if I broke his, he would take mine; he has his, I have mine.

Retired, USAF Command pilot...USAAF/USAF total some some 5,000 hours.

"Falco four-four Fox" is Located at Skyhaven Airport, Rochester NH (DAW).

Back