• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Falco Fus Skins - Compound Curved Plywood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdfsks

Hi All,

I am wondering if there are any Falco builders here ?

I have a question concerning the plywood skinning on the fuselage.

The shape of the fuselage is such that there surely must be some skins that have a compound curved shape (i.e. bending in two directions at once). Is this the case ? If so how much compound curvature do the skins have ? How is the plywood formed to this shape and glued in place without getting wrinkling around the edge ?

Is it just a case of using small enough panels to skin the fuselage such that the significance of the curvature is minimised, is the plywood wet and held in place whilst it dries to premould the shape or do you just put the skins on dry and work them down into place starting at the centre and working toward the edges.

Thanks,

Steve

Back