• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fabric Testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sptomh

I recently purchased a light aircraft (maximum gross 550 lbs) the was covered with PolyFiber Light (1.7 oz./sq. Ft.) many years ago. The fabric seems good to me but I’d like to test it. I don't have access to a Maule tester and new ones are over $500. I’ve seen the reasonably priced Quicksilver tester but it is calibrated differently and appears to be intended for testing dacron. I’m wondering it the quicksilver tester would work? Thanks!

Back