FAA Form 8050-2 Bill of Sale

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tralika

Anyone know if the FAA will accept a Bill of Sale that has been downloaded from the FAA website and printed out? The last time I sent in a Bill of Sale the feds would only accept the original form. I had to go to the FSDO and pick up a copy. I can't get the local FSDO to answer the phone and they do not reply to my message. A friend of mine passed away last year and his widow is trying to sell his home built aircraft so I'm trying to help her out.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I recently submitted a copy of that form that I printed. I did not digitally sign it. No problem.

BJC

tralika

I got a call back from the FSDO. They now allow the bill of sale form to be downloaded from the FAA website, filled in and printed out. The form sent to OK city with the new application for registration must have an original signature. I didn't ask about the application for registration form but I assume the same rule applies.

Pops

Log Member
A few weeks ago I downloaded the application form for reqistration and used it without any problems.

Wayne

Log Member
Yep - they created the pdf for that purpose! They are a bit behind processing right now.