• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Extra Plans Laying Around? Need Plans to Show Kids About Aviation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraCar11

I have recently caught the bug for aviation. I am looking for any aircraft plans people might have laying around that they don't need anymore.

I work with the Scouts as a Scoutmaster, and want to teach them about how aircraft work, how they are built, and what goes into them. I also volunteer at my kids' school, and would like to teach them more about aircraft, how they are built, and the physics behind them. Selfishly, I also want my kids to catch the bug, and teach them about aircraft. I think my son wants to be an Air Force pilot for now, but my daughter is a harder sell. :) I am trying to get the kids and their friends to go to a Civil Air Patrol meeting with me sometime as well.

Long story short, I thought that if I could get some plans to show the kids, it could be the WOW factor, and plant the aviation bug early for them. I want them to see the dream as possible, that being a pilot is possible, having your own plane is possible, and normal people can build amazing aircraft by the craftsmanship of their own hands!

I have downloaded plans for the Cri Cri, Minimax, Flying Flea, and the Goat, but seeing them on the screen is okay - holding them in your hands is so much better, and makes it "more real."

So, if you have some old plans laying around from an old project or something, and you don't need them, they could mean a lot to some kids around here.

(Don't worry - this isn't a ploy to get free plans to build a plane. My condition wouldn't allow me to build a plane anyway! Ha Ha.)

Anyway, I just thought I might be able to get some kids excited about aviation as a career and as a hobby.

(I AM WILLING TO PAY POSTAGE.)

Thank you for your consideration! :)

Back