• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Express-Aircraft too good !?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michal

This is my very first post on this forum.

it is still probably a couple of years before I build my own kit-airplane but I have been doing some preliminary research over the internet what is available out there for a guy like me. My needs are following: I want a fast 4-seater (180-190 kts), fixed gear that I can build relatively quickly but don't mind using some larger prefabricated parts provided I still meet the FAA 51% rule.

After some preliminary search Express-Aircraft's 2000FT sems like a stand out. I compared it to Lancair's ES and was impressed by the fact that not only 2000FT kit seems less expensive but it also offers 50% better useful load than ES (!!!) and can carry 140 gallons (who needs that much ?). Also you can have this aircraft with a FADEC 310 hp engine and for some reason ES's doesn't offer FADEC opportunity.

The only thing I don't particulary care for in 2000F is the central floor-mounted stick. I would rather either have a side stick or a regular yoke.

Does anyone know any Express-Aircraft customers or knows anything about this company or wants to recommend that I look at yet another kit vendor ?

Michael J.
Oakland, CA

Last edited:
Back