Experimental Soaring Association 40th Western Workshop

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Hi, I very much enjoyed watching the previous presentations on youtube and as a member from a far away time zone (utc-10), can somebody record the BoKu talk (should be quite easy in zoom) ? I know I'm in for a treat :)
Thanks in advance!
Just saw this post. The Zoom connection couldn't be accomplished, so Boku gave his presentation over speakerphone. I don't believe it was recorded.

The final two presentations were recorded to video and I have copies. I'll get them edited and up on the ESA YouTube channel ASAP.

sming

Aww :( Hope you had a good times :) What was the topic?
Thanks for your hard work on the youtube channel!

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Per Topaz' photo and videos, we got a rare treat, to see Jeff's 80 year old museum quality Baby Albatross fly, complete with the sun shining through the fabric as it flew over, the entire wing literally glowing. Truly an awesome sight.

The number of spectacular vintage gliders at this location is astounding considering their rarity. The "true believers" in vintage sailplanes, like Jeff Byard and Doug Fronius and Ron Martin (and several others who I don't know well) are heroes for keeping these things flying, and rebuilding them from matchsticks and bent tubes..

mm4440

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year; I have a critical project for the Reno Air Races and I can't spare the two days it takes to get down and back. However, I could do a Zoom session with the group to talk about some of our recent projects and what's going on with the HP-24 sailplane and HP-26 project. Would that be of interest?
High strength pultrusion UD carbon fiber laminated strip for building reinforcement, Search Alibaba, lots of sources to sort through. 100 & 50 mm widths , 1.2 to 2 or 3 mm thick and100m spools seem standard.
1630978450930.png