ExperCraft -- picture loading

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

dcstrng

Not sure if this goes here, or if it even belongs in HBA, but is anyone else having trouble loading pictures into their ExperCraft logs... I think there has been a glitch for them in the past, but for whatever reason I can't load pics to mine and wondering if others may have a solutions...

Thanks...

Moderators; please move or eliminate if this is wrongly placed or inappropriate...

amv8vol

Its been going on for weeks, ever since Rob Riggen did some updates. Uploads and some pages do not work and no resopnse from Rob. There is a converstaion about it on Vans Airforce also

dcstrng

Thanks -- given my digital inadequacies, I thought I'd done something... but in the meantime switched over to another I could make work...

jmorrical

I'm new to this Forum. Found it while searching for some news about Expercraft builders log. I'm building a Carbon Cub EX and participate on the CubCrafters Forum. There is some chatter about Expercraft there too.

I had been using a subscription Expercraft for my builder log satisfactorily. In the last two months I have not been able to download any photos to my log entries. Since I've been a subscriber contacts at the phone number, email address and comments page on Expercraft are all unanswered. I have found the owner's name listed here and there on the internet, even FaceBook, and have tried to message him for some response. NOTHING. There is a thread on the VansAirForce Forum with builders complaining about the same things. They have not gotten any response either.

My subscription is paid thru my PayPal so I have filed a complaint and message thru them. I wait for a response.

Any news?

Jim Morrical

Last edited:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I'm new to this Forum. Found it while searching for some news about Expercraft builders log. I'm building a Carbon Cub EX and participate on the CubCrafters Forum. There is some chatter about Expercraft there too.

I had been using a subscription Expercraft for my builder log satisfactorily. In the last two months I have not been able to download any photos to my log entries. Since I've been a subscriber contacts at the phone number, email address and comments page on Expercraft are all unanswered. I have found the owner's name listed here and there on the internet, even FaceBook, and have tried to message him for some response. NOTHING. There is a thread on the VansAirForce Forum with builders complaining about the same things. They have not gotten any response either.

My subscription is paid thru my PayPal so I have filed a complaint and message thru them. I wait for a response.

Any news?

Jim Morrical
The big question is, if Exper-Craft goes belly up, do you have backups for your build documentation?

jmorrical

amv8vol,

Following the link you provide it seems he is embroiled in some ugly family law dispute. I know he was in the coffee business so there is little doubt that this is Rob Riggen of Expercraft. This could explain why Expercraft is going totally untended?

Daleandee

Picture uploads seem to be working
That's good news. I know that for a while my anti-virus software would throw up a flag when I went to the site. A bit of research said the antivirus software was reading their banner as a redirect. I sent an email about it some time ago but the fix just recently appeared. So yes, it does seem like someone is managing the site.

FWIW,

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
112.9 hours / Status - Flying

jmorrical

I decided to use ExperCraft because I use a Mac. I'm still not downloading pictures. Is there some preference or setting I need to look at to get it functioning again?

amv8vol are you using a PC or Mac?

Jim Morrical

jmorrical

UPDATE: Some Progress

This past Monday Rob Riggen of Expercraft replied to my complaining text finally. I've used that number several times over the last three months without response. Tuesday he promised to work the issue, but just now he's second text says that image upload problem will be resolved Wednesday. He says that he would confirm it with me. It's now Saturday Feb 6 and pictures are still not downloading.

For now I stand by…but progress seems to be "buffering"!!!! Frustraited.

What's happening for the rest of you? I use Mac and Mountain Lion OS X version 10.8.5. I am wondering if it's a browser issue.

Jim Morrical

jmorrical

Update: Photo Uploading Working on Expercraft!

I have been in contact with Rob in the last few days. He has worked on photo upload fixes for Expercraft. He says in March he will spend time to upgrades and make improvements to Expercraft.

I use a Mac so this was the best option for me from the beginning. I have been patient. My web page built off the site for guest viewing is not working and CubCrafters Carbon Cub builders log pages has never has never been listed in the "Find Aircraft Projects" tab. Surely there are other Carbon Cub builders there?? For now the photo upload problem I have been experiencing since November is FIXED! Perhaps others will have the same results.