• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Exhaust Extraction on a Pusher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky High

Playing around with a small 2 seater and one of the people involved wants the exhaust routed out through the spinner. (see pics for current arrangement).
Somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain I seem to remember that this has been tried and failed, and have searched here, but failed to find anything relevant.
Anyone heard of this working successfully?
More to the point, I'm trying to save myself a heap of CFD and accoustics work if its doomed to failure?

Cheers
Richard

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 385
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 345