Excellent video on making reliable power in a Mazda Rotary engine

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Was anyone really confused? C'mon.

We could instead say : "Thank you, Billski, for taking the time to write a substantive post that addressed the issues in the video I posted."
While doing a "quick read" I for one did not pick up on this error and appreciated the Paraplane comment and Billski's detailed reply.

I am so pleased to see this resolved in a civilized manner.

No 🔫 Zone!

paraplane

It would be nice if people would consider that there is a real person at the other end of these comments and consider that maybe just maybe that this persons life maybe unlike yours and that being anything other than tactful and considerate could justify that person making retaliatory comments.

rv7charlie

Well, jedi was obviously, and sadly, mistaken. I'm sure that most of us have said things on line that we regret; I know I have.

Here's a 3rd party opinion; use it as you wish.

Somebody made a functionally accurate post, that happened to contain a couple of unfortunate typos. Someone else decided to take the facts and the typos as a personal attack, and promptly responded with multiple profane posts directly attacking the other party. Several people, including the person attacked, have tried to tactfully steer the conversation back to civil discourse, but that doesn't seem to be working. If the behavior continues in the same vein, the attacker might not get banned, but it will likely stimulate the use of 'ignore' buttons on a bunch of computers, and those computers will no longer show his posts, rendering any communication with, or assistance from those users, impossible.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moderator note: I just removed 15 posts from this thread. Please keep it on topic. This is the Homebuilt Airplanes forum, not the grammar forum, the self help forum, the mommy forum, or the interpersonal relationships forum. Some of the posts removed were themselves fine, but part of the pattern we've seen before of a thread going ugly.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be nice if people would consider that there is a real person at the other end of these comments and consider that maybe just maybe that this persons life maybe unlike yours and that being anything other than tactful and considerate could justify that person making retaliatory comments.
Moderator Mode ON:

This is a technical forum and we are expected to stay more or less on technical topics. It is OK to take on the topics. While some sensitivity might be nice, it is not required. Please read the Code of Conduct and understand that it is the basis for our moderating efforts.

Moderator actions are taken when the CoC is violated on an individual post basis or when a series of posts is strongly trending into CoC violation territory.

I strongly urge our members to not debate folks who you feel are being inappropriate, but instead ask that you click on the report button, and describe what you see as violations of our CoC. The three volunteer moderators will get to the subject posts much sooner than if we all just wait for the moderators to discover the posts.

Billski

Last edited:

RVC

The point I want to add here is that you cannot give YT all your trust. A good friend is a first rate fabricator and he has informed me he saw people posting videos regarding sizing piston rod ends measurements with inappropriate measurment tools such as interior calipers and snap gauges. YT can have wonderful offerings; just confirm what you see and like before 'going all in.'