• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

European ULM like a Piper in wood (new design)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antoniv

Dear friends, I wish to explain my design project. I am industrial designer specialized in wooden boats and amateur aircraft builder .

I wish to longtime undertake the personal challenge of designing my own plane. I do not intend to reinvent the wheel, I am aware that only a few chosen can bring something new to the aviation.

The plane that I need and desire is a Super Cub, but I have only flying license for European ultralight category. 472 kg MTOW.

It is for this reason that my challenge is to design an ultralight with aesthetics, performance and stol capabilities from Piper aircraft. Using basically for construction wood and composites.

I know there are many designs like the Piperin wood, such as Light Miniature, Fisher or Ragwing . It is not my intention to belittle them. This is my personal challenge and I think it's a good idea to build on good design as the Piper that has inspired many designers before me.

For now I have only made the first approach dimensions, attached two pictures so you can see the whole.

Wingspan: 9.44 m (30.84 ft)
Length: 6.20 m (20.34 ft)
Wing area: 13 m2 (140 ft2)
MTOW 472 kg (1040 lb)

See the 3 view's in the attachments

View attachment PiperULM_plantallado_alado.pdf View attachment PiperULM_ladoalado_perfil.pdf

Hope you like it and want to read your comments. And apologies for my English

Back