• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

ESTABLISHING C.G IN A UNIQUE DESIGN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLEVEN63

I am in a wheelchair. I am designing an aircraft that I will be able to get into with my chair. I know the basics to C.G. placements and am researching every day on learning.
I am shooting for pusher config. with a tandem seating arrangement. With myself and the chair in the forward position. The question arises with myself as a solo passenger. the combined weight of myself and the chair is approx. equal to two people. This seems to neccesitate my(solo) position be moved further aft for balance. With two people I would use a custom lightweight chair which would allow the design to fall into a more traditional configuration.
The thought that comes to mind first is to make my forward position adjustable (which can be done since both rudder and pitch/roll controls will be hand controls) but may encroach on the rear control and seating area. Side by side seating would be easier to calculate but causes other design issues.
Anyone out there with more knowledge than I that might give me some advice or insight would be welcome. I have preliminary drawings done if they will help.

Regards,
Michael Levensaler
[email protected]

Back