Eric Clutton hospitalized

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cluttonfred

Sadly, I just heard that Eric Clutton had some sort of a stroke yesterday and is in the hospital. An enthusiast commented on the FRED Facebook group that Eric had just mailed him the 600th set of FRED plans. Here he is less than one year ago showing off his latest RC model airplane, fittingly a Supermarine Spitfire. He sometimes jokes that he is the "other airplane designer" from Stoke-on-Trent as Spitfire designer R.J. Mitchell was the first. Please keep Eric, who will be 94 in March, in your thoughts and prayers. Cheers, Matthew

1643378879434.png

Dillpickle

Sadly, I just heard that Eric Clutton had some sort of a stroke yesterday and is in the hospital. An enthusiast commented on the FRED Facebook group that Eric had just mailed him the 600th set of FRED plans. Here he is less than one year ago showing off his latest RC model airplane, fittingly a Supermarine Spitfire. He sometimes jokes that he is the "other airplane designer" from Stoke-on-Trent as Spitfire designer R.J. Mitchell was the first. Please keep Eric, who will be 94 in March, in your thoughts and prayers. Cheers, Matthew

View attachment 121250
Love that man! Had a few great conversations with him when I was buying a couple of PAW diesel engines. His stories were so much fun, I bought a couple of his books just to get some more. I wish him well.

Riggerrob

"An aeroplane named FRED." is one of Eric Clutton's books.
"Propeller making for the amateur."
What are the other titles.
Where can we buy them?

cluttonfred

"An aeroplane named FRED." is one of Eric Clutton's books.
"Propeller making for the amateur."
What are the other titles.
Where can we buy them?

Just those two are available from Eric as far as know. The propeller book has been sold by LAA and maybe EAA in the past and I think you can find it from some other vendors.

Tiger Tim

Wishing Mr. Clutton well on what’s hopefully a speedy recovery.

Any idea what plan that Spitfire is from? It’s got character for days.

J.L. Frusha

Thoughts and prayers from the heart of Texas!

I've survived 4 strokes, myself. If anyone is in direct contact, my advice would be Cacao (raw cocoa) capsules, green tea extract capsules and Prevagen capsules.

Herbgh

View attachment 121250
So sorry to hear...I met Fred when it shared a hangar with a sailplane at the Tullahoma Tenn airport....Sometime later at the airport in Lafayette,Tenn..I met the designer and his parrot....

Rhino

My best to Eric and his family.

I have to confess I'm a bit relieved though. When I saw the thread title I thought it was about that cluttonfred character who hangs out around here. ;)

cluttonfred

Thanks, all, for the good wishes and prayers.

A friend of Eric’s has visited him in the hospital more than once already and reports that Eric is lucid and recognizes people. He is slurring his words but can communicate. Unfortunately, his vision has not yet come back so he cannot see. He is resting comfortably and hopefully will recover his vision in time.

Here is a pic of Eric last year with the latest of his many little parakeets over the years. I think they all used to be called Pete (the Parakeet) but this one is called Tinker.

4CE95933-3472-481A-9C5E-426C636B3623.jpeg