• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

epoxy primer issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay

Here is a good question for you experienced Fabric guys. I bought some Epoxy primer from Eastwood paint. The product is Black and you mix it 1 to 1. I did some test areas here, Like the product It goes on super nice but here is the issue, 2 days later after drying in 70 degree temperature I took a rag soaked with acetone, had to see how good this stuff was. Wouldn't you know it I can scrub it right off, So does that mean if I was to spray it on and cover it with fabric, when I mix poly-tac and MEK together and brush through the fabric would it just lift off or get all soft and blend together as one. What are your thoughts on this, Do all epoxy's rub off with pure acetone or not.

Back