Epoxy/ adhesive Suppliers?

Discussion in 'Composites' started by Loco, Jul 5, 2010.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 5, 2010 #1

Loco

Loco

Loco

Hi, I wonder if any of you have or know of a good ( reputable and in good standing with you) supplier of resins?, I am looking for Hysol EA 9394.3 ( from Henkel), and for Epocast 52 A/B ( from Huntsman) and I can't seem to find a vendor other than the manufacturer ( geez Google....sometimes you won't deliver!) , and the manufacturer wants to sell me more than one each ( I don't need much more than that), I am doing a VERY small project and I will appreciate any good lead on those two products.

PD, I am in Colorado, and I would prefer continental US suppliers)

2. Jul 6, 2010 #2

orion

orion

orion

My supplier for most components, including Hysol resins, is Fiberlay in Seattle (Fiberlay).

3. Jul 6, 2010 #3

Loco

Loco

Loco

Thank you very much Orion....BTW, do you know of any ideal subsitute for Hysol 9394 for structural bonding?, I am looking around, but nobody seems to know much about it. Its for an exhaust pipe fairing ( .75 inch distance between the pipe and the fairing) on a homebuilt that needs o be bonded to the cowling.

4. Jul 6, 2010 #4

Loco

Loco

Loco

5. Jul 6, 2010 #5

orion

orion

orion

Hysol 9394 has excellent properties but can be difficult to get at times. More common bonding agents are Hysol 9460 or 9430. 9460 is a paste so is very gap filling if need be but does not have as good properties as the 9430, which has some of the highest shear and peel values for generally available products.

I however don't know who would stock these in small quantities, unless a distributor like Fiberlay could order a cartridge sized for your need. Sometime you can get a 50 ml cartridge as a test sample.

6. Jul 6, 2010 #6

Loco

Loco

Loco

I did suspect 9394 was difficult to get ( lead times for orders can get looong) but what I didn't expect was not being able to buy individually, maybe the big guys are hoarding most of the production.... I am glad I asked. What you don't know can make your flight a really interesting ride. ( like in this case)

7. Jul 1, 2011 #7

Epoxydius

Epoxydius

Epoxydius