Engine sellers

Discussion in 'Half VW' started by Thrashperformance, Jul 16, 2013.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 16, 2013 #1

Thrashperformance

Thrashperformance

Thrashperformance

I am looking at building the 1/2 vw, but before i commit i would like to know all my options on buying all ready done. Besides great planes are ther other companies that offer them at a competitive price?

2. Jul 16, 2013 #2

revkev6

revkev6

revkev6

3. Dec 26, 2013 #3

nheistand

nheistand

nheistand

I am in the process of building my latest version half VW at this time. My goal is 40hp with a 82mm stroker with 94mm bore. Once I have my engine running really well, I would be interested in selling a half VW engine kit based on my engine design. Initially I will be advertising and selling just the half heads. My heads will be based on a new dual port head cut in half. They will be bored for 94mm cylinders and come complete with rocker arms and valve covers for $450 a pair. Compare this to $600 from some other sources.

The half VW engine kit will be a complete bolt together kit with everything, just add oil and start it up. $2750 for 82mm by 94mm big bore stroker estimated 40hp complete with exhaust, intake, Mikuni carb, and 009 distributor. Compare this to $3500 engine kits that do not include the peripheral parts.

Norm Heistand my .02