• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Engine RPM app for iPhone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Scott

Last fall I posted about the Android app I developed to measure the RPM of an engine from the sound. Thanks again to those of you who volunteered to test it for me. But now I have incorporated the improvements in the signal processing algorithms that I developed for that app into my existing iPhone app, for those of you who have iPhones. If you would like to help me by testing this acoustic tachometer against your aircraft or lawnmowers or whatever, please message me privately. Unlike the Android app, the testing of pre-released iPhone apps is not done with promo codes but with the free Apple app called "TestFlight". I will supply details to those who contact me. Thanks in advance.

-Bob Scott
Hopkins, MN

Back