Engine RPM app for Android

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Robert Scott

At the end of October in the New Member Introductions ("Retired in MN") I said I was beta testing an app I developed for measuring the RPM of an engine from the sound. Several of you tested the app for me and provided me with some useful feedback. I am happy to report that the app is now in regular production in the Google Play Store under the name of "Engine RPM". Thank you to those who tried it out and encouraged me during the development.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expect to be using it later today. It's worked great so far, though wind noise in my open cockpit sometimes confuses it. Does the release version have any notable differences?

Robert Scott

The production version has the ability to log up to 511 RPM readings and send them to yourself by email. It also freezes the last good display when no RPM can be calculated, instead of reverting to "----". And the Hint Band Adjust display now displays all three of 1. Min RPM, 2. Max RPM, 3. the parameter being adjusted (center RPM or tolerance). That's all I can think of.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally got around to installing the release version. Freezing the display in red is a BIG improvement when it gets overwhelmed by my open cockpit noise.