Engine holder

Discussion in 'Workshop Tips and Secrets / Tools' started by Derswede, Sep 13, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 13, 2019 #1

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Finally got rid of a 40' container of equipment I had been holding for a customer....started cleaning up and reorganizing so as to get the Hawk to floor level so that I can get some work done on it. My engine rebuild table has been the resting spot for my A-65 Continental and it was going to have to get moved. While pulling out "stuff" which I just could not scrap or trash, I came across a frame that had been welded up to hold a vacuum motor. In looking at it, I realized that it would be perfect to hold the A-65, using the prop flange as a mount. Wide base, steel frame, and found two blanks of a high strength Birch plywood a friend uses to make amp/speaker cases from. Will get my hole saw this PM and Monday will have a nice engine mount for about no cost. Look around your shop, what can be repurposed for aviation purposes? Just make sure the wife is OK with it, re-purposing the dining room table for a workbench may draw some flak! enginerest.jpg

2. Sep 18, 2019 #2

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Ah, it look so much better like that. Even the Lycoming got a stand, not as nice, but it holds it fine and now I can move them with the forklift. If I sell them, the new owners will get the stands as well. My rebuild table is clear, now to start on the Hawk's Rotax.

Derswede Engine stands.jpg

fly2kads likes this.
  3. Sep 18, 2019 #3

TFF

TFF

TFF

Looks too nice.