Engine Code

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rv6ejguy

Sorry, Wanttobuild, this is listed as a 140hp engine. Which if you have one, you would trade for a 95-110 engine. IIRC, the head's squelch area would lead to pre-detonation. My WW books are at the hangar, but this website lists them.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/CorvAIRCRAFT/VinSuffix.html
There's detonation and there's pre-ignition but no such thing as pre-detonation. There's squish height and quench area but no such thing as squelch area.

The .055 chamber step can/ should be machined off and a .028 to .032 HD ring used to establish idea squish height and optimize the quench area of the chamber.

The 110 heads might be a better candidate for a DD aircraft application mainly due to smaller valve and port areas.

wanttobuild

There's detonation and there's pre-ignition but no such thing as pre-detonation. There's squish height and quench area but no such thing as squelch area.

The .055 chamber step can/ should be machined off and a .028 to .032 HD ring used to establish idea squish height and optimize the quench area of the chamber.

The 110 heads might be a better candidate for a DD aircraft application mainly due to smaller valve and port areas.
Thanks, i just have the Block, Crank and Cam. Will probably just look for a new candidate, Not gonna use a Carb, btw after all, this is 2017!
SDS with some harley throttle bodies, (Hainesengineering)!
I'm thinking a single seat W8 with W10 wings! Spoiler Alert: NOSEDRAGGER!
Ben

Vision_2012

That's what I get for leaving my notes & books at the Hangar. I have a terrible memory recall for words. You're on topic.

TFF

I though pre-detonation means right before it blew up. Detonation pretty much blown up.

rv6ejguy

Thanks, i just have the Block, Crank and Cam. Will probably just look for a new candidate, Not gonna use a Carb, btw after all, this is 2017!
SDS with some harley throttle bodies, (Hainesengineering)!
I'm thinking a single seat W8 with W10 wings! Spoiler Alert: NOSEDRAGGER!
Ben
We do a lot of EFI for Corvairs in cars but few want to spend the funds on EFI/Corvairs in aircraft it so far. With the cast in manifolds, not so easy to do port injection on a 'vair.