• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Engine Baffling Required?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhawkflyer

Hey Folks,

I've been owner/operator for some time of certified Piper, but now jumping into the HB world. Bought a Kolb Mark III that's in it's final stages of construction.

My question is around engine baffling. I have a brand new Great Plains 2180 VW engine installed. The prior owner was working on a baffling scheme. As the engine sits up there in full breeze, I'm trying to understand why this would be necessary. The VW is pretty rare on the Kolb (or any pusher for that matter) so not a lot of sources to go to.

Thoughts?

Best,
J-fly

Back